In order to conduct our field study, we defined the following interview guide. It will basically address the 3 main themes below and we expect the discussion to last approximately an hour.
1. Usage of Cloud Computing
- Who are you? How do you use Cloud Computing applications (in your personal and professional activities)?
- What kinds of platforms? What reasons lead you to this choice? Did you test them before? Frequency of use? What benefits and drawbacks?
- Is this usage of the Cloud is standard among your peers/community of practice? How?
- Can you think of other practices? Peculiar approaches/ways to use Cloud Computing services?
- What are your biggest frustrations (or surprises)? In what context? Can you tell us the last time you had a major problem (or surprise)?
- Do you use Cloud Computing services with your friends/colleagues? Does it change the way you use it?
2. Understanding of the cloud
- What “Cloud Computing” evokes to you?
- How does it work? Do you care about understanding (or not) this kind of issue?
- When using such Cloud Computing services, what parameters do you take into consideration? Is it only technological features? Pricing? Security issues?
- From your perspective, is it risky to use Cloud Computing services? Why do you think so?
3. Needs and expected improvements
- What feature(s) do you miss? In which context?
- What are the opportunities in this domain (related or not to your own experience)?